(Jessica Pryce-Jones & Julia Lindsay, 2014)
“Running Great Meetings & Workshops”
Sun and Moon Mini-Review
Run engaging, productive group sessions with practical guidance and expert advice
Running Great Workshops & Meetings For Dummies delivers the tools managers need to facilitate engaging and rewarding group sessions. Written by two highly experienced leadership and coaching consultants, this book provides practical, hands–on instruction that can help you turn your meetings and training sessions around. Boost productivity by engaging attendees from the start, scheduling with time and energy levels in mind and keeping to a clear agenda. You′ll learn the skills that will help you get the most out of every group session and discover which seemingly small details can have a huge impact on outcomes.
The current global recession has increased the emphasis organisations place on skills development and training throughout the world. While specialised service organisations exist, many companies lack the means to outsource their training needs or invest in specially trained staff to get the job done. Running Great Workshops & Meetings For Dummies presents a solution by providing clear group leadership instruction with immediate applications to employees in any department. Regardless of the type of meeting, training session or workshop you′re running, this book provides the information you need.
- Learn to align outcomes and objectives, establish an agenda and schedule and manage pre–work for attendees
- Discover how to connect with the group, establish expectations and set ground rules
- Find out how to set the pace, manage challenges and objections and troubleshoot issues
- Effectively evaluate the session, ensure accountability and maintain momentum
Running Great Workshops & Meetings For Dummies provides practical advice you can put to work today.
- Plan effective group sessions
- Develop agendas that deliver
- Improve your ability to lead meetings
- Facilitate workshops that provide real value
Make your workshops and meetings amazing with this hands–on guide
If you run meetings or workshops but need to take your game to the next level, this book is for you! Get the tools you’ll need to facilitate engaging, productive group sessions with this comprehensive guide. Dive in to topics like planning, starting and facilitating meetings to become a great meeting leader today!
- Prepare for success ― get the details of what makes a good meeting go bad and find out how to plan your meetings and workshops to make them engaging
- Deliver great group sessions ― make sure your meetings get off to a good start, outline an agenda, create ground rules and find out how to troubleshoot difficult situations
- Build your skills ― dig into techniques for facilitating great meetings, running focus groups and handling remote meetings or workshops
- Master key techniques and best practices ― get a firm grasp of the techniques that top meeting facilitators always use
Open the book and find:
- Information on what to do when running a meeting
- Tips for developing a plan and managing people
- Tricks to get your meetings off to a great start
- Hints for dealing with typical meeting difficulties
- Ways to build participants’ knowledge
- Techniques for facilitating remote meetings
All in all, this book is a great toolkit packed full of useful tips and creative ideas for facilitating efficient and effective meetings. Read it, re–read it and recommend it.
B2B Marketing, October 2014
It is worth a read and it could help provide the tools you need.
First Voice of Business, December 2014
Take heed of its contents and your meetings and workshops will be rewarded with enthusiastic and attentive participants.
CILIP Update, May 2015
Buy this book from us, fulfilled by Amazon
You can buy the book here.